Two Tribes Games released a new update today for its highly successfully Nintendo Switch title, RIVE. Update 1.21 brings a highly requested feature over to the title; video recording.
The new feature works just as you would expect it to, simply hold down the capture button during gameplay. This will create a short video clip of the last 30 seconds of gameplay. You can then view the saved videos in your album, trim the beginning and end of each clip, and post videos to your Facebook page and Twitter feed.
Here are the full release notes for version 1.21:
- Added video recording.
- Improved the checkpoint system, so there’s an even smaller chance you die, respawn and get stuck in a loop of hell in a loop of hell in a loop of hell.
- Improved support for Asian characters in the Leaderboards, like テ but not like Major Motoko Kusanagi.
- Your Achievements now survive the Reset Save Data option in the RIVE Settings menu. Deliberately want to get rid of them? The Delete Save Data option in the Switch System Settings is way more ruthless.
- Fixed an issue where foggy levels could look iffy after switching from TV mode to handheld/tabletop mode and vice versa. Now they look mesmerizing all of the time.
- Fixed an issue with positional audio effects, so their volume is no longer INCORRECTLY LOUD.
- Various other small fixes and improvements.
RIVE: Ultimate Edition is currently available on the Nintendo Switch.