Digerati Distribution announced today the official Nintendo Switch release date for its upcoming manhwa-styled Korean survival horror game, The Coma: Recut. In addition to the release date announcement, they also released a new trailer for the game, which can be seen below.
If this is your first time hearing about The Coma: Recut, here is a brief breakdown of the games story and features:
You are Youngho, a hapless Korean student who, after drifting asleep during his final exam, wakes to find himself trapped in a twisted version of his school, Sehwa High. And he’s not alone. Relentlessly pursued by a psychotic killer, Youngho must evade his hunter while desperately searching for a way to escape the dread-filled corridors and classrooms.
- A remastered version of indie cult classic The Coma: Cutting Class, the game has been rebalanced and ‘recut’ with new and updated animations, mechanics, cutscenes and art
- Hide: Crouch in the darkness or cower in a closet to stay out of sight and evade the killer
- Survive: Use your flashlight to search for useful items, but be warned – it can attract unwanted attention
- Mystery: Discover notes and clues to uncover the twisted history of Sehwa High’s students and teachers
- The cast of characters and creepy corridors of Sehwa High are brought to life in a hand-illustrated manhwa art style
- Death: Beware the horrors lurking in the dark, lest you bleed out in some forgotten classroom…
- Inspired by the real-world plight of Korea’s overworked high school students
Localized in the following languages: English, French, Russian
The Coma: Recut is scheduled to release on the Nintendo Switch on December 21, 2017.