Team17 has announced the official Switch release date for its hugely popular prison escape game, The Escapists 2. The game is currently scheduled to release on January 11, 2018 on the Nintendo Switch. Alongside the release date announcement, we also received a new trailer, which can be seen below.
The Switch version of The Escapists 2 will allows players to team up with one another for local two player split screen fun. Each player can take a Joy-Con or a Pro Controller to team up to break out, or work against one another to see who can break out of prison the fastest.
Here is a quick breakdown of the games features:
- 10 unique themed prisons to escape from
- Two player split-screen play, and up to four player co-op and versus online multiplayer
- Drop-in, drop-out online multiplayer experience. Carefully plan and execute an intricate escape from your initial incarceration with your fellow inmates either online or locally, or simply hop into an existing game that’s in progress to help pull off the final touches of the escape!
- Create your con with over 300 customisations to create your perfect prisoner
- A dedicated tutorial for new players to learn the basics of prison life
The Escapists 2 is currently scheduled to release on the Nintendo Switch on January 11, 2018. It will launch with a price of $19.99.