Although Brawlout just released on the Switch this week, the developers are hard at work listening to feedback and planning the games first update. The update will include some performance issues and will also address the games matchmaking.
The Community Manager for Brawlout took to Reddit to detail the upcoming changes coming to the Switch version of Brawlout down the road:
Hello Reddit! My name is Craig, I’m the Community Manager on Brawlout and would like to give you all a quick update on what’s to come next for the game.
First off, we’re aware of the framedrops that are happening in single-player mode on the Switch. The bug is related to the AI, so you won’t see this in matches against human opponents or in replays on your player profile. The team is working on a fix.
Second, Yes, there is an issue with matchmaking on the Switch. It’s currently not matching players by region as intended, this is something the team is also working on.
As soon as it’s ready, the team will send the patch off to Nintendo. Here’s what you can expect from the game’s first update:
Planned for the next update on Switch
- A fix for matchmaking not putting players together by region.
- Performance improvements.
- a fix for Character and stage selection being blocked by locked content.
- Progression and unlock improvements. We’ve heard you and are making some tweaks.
- Ranked matchmaking.
- Brawlout TV. Watch live and recent matches, and view your match history and replays.
- Code redemption. If you’ve received a code for cosmetics or items at any of our events, they’ll soon be redeemable on the Switch version of the game.
We’d like to thank everyone playing the game for checking it out! If you’d like to keep up with the latest details and status of the game, be sure to follow the official Brawlout Twitter account!, and for news related to the community, follow @Brawlout_Live!
Brawlout is currently available as a digital download on the Nintendo Switch.